The San Fernando Valley Jaycees is the premier leadership development organization for youngåÊprofessionals in the San Fernando Valley. Members realize benefits ranging from professionalåÊand personal development opportunities to social network building. A partial list ofåÊmembership benefits is presented below:
- Complimentary or discounted admission to all Jaycees events, including other chapters
- Connection to a network of like-minded, young professionals
- Interaction with established San Fernando Valley business and civic leaders
- A support network for your projects and endeavors
- Educational opportunities and access to information not easily available to the publicåÊsuch as updates directly from city officials and local council members
- Credibility and potential recommendations when applying for leadership opportunities
- Access to valuable direct training seminars at significantly reduced rates
- Hands-on event and project management experience
- Access to partners events at their member pricing, such as the Encino Chamber ofåÊCommerce, Valley Economic Alliance, Valley Industry and Commerce Association
The San Fernando Valley Jaycees have established a comprehensive process for identifying andåÊselecting exceptional leaders between 21 and 40 years of age. Upon submission of a completedåÊmembership application, candidates are evaluated by the chapter‰Ûªs Board of Directors, whichåÊaims to assemble a group of nominees that are diverse, committed, and representative of aåÊwide range of professions, talents and perspectives.
CRITERIA FOR MEMBERSHIP
Candidates must be between 21 and 40 years of age at the time of nomination and must haveåÊattended at least 2 San Fernando Valley Jaycees events within the past 6 months. NomineesåÊshould demonstrate they are committed to being an active member, ready to contribute to theåÊchapter and community at large. In addition nominees should be dependable and excited toåÊparticipate in chapter projects, networking functions and trainings. Typically candidates willåÊhave a recognized record of achievement and/or leadership experience as well as a minimum ofåÊ3 years of professional work experience, however there are exceptions to these requirements.
There is a $100 membership fee to join the San Fernando Valley Jaycees. Fees collected areåÊused to offset Junior Chamber International state registration costs as well as other operatingåÊcosts for the chapter. The fee is collected annually and can be paid personally or by anåÊemployer or other group sponsoring the nominee.
Complete nomination submission requirements include:
- Completed Membership Application
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter written by nominee describing interests
- Membership Fee
- Optional information such as a recent photo, citations, and published articles for the nomineeåÊmay also be submitted.
The Board of Directors meets monthly (on the first Tuesday of each month) and will review allåÊcomplete nomination packages which have been submitted during the prior month. NomineesåÊwill be invited to join the San Fernando Valley Jaycees upon review and approval from Board ofåÊDirectors, within 24 hours of this meeting.
For more information about becoming a member of the San Fernando Valley Jaycees, pleaseåÊcontact